Friday, February 10, 2012

January Review

January 2012 Goals


1. Exercise M-F after I get the kids on the bus. - I met this goal up until I had my surgery.
2. Play <$10 MTT's in January regardless of BR (online). - Prior to my surgery, I met this goal.  After a week off for the surgery, I started playing again.  I played one or two $12 tournaments.  I had a sufficient bankroll but just forgot about the $10 restriction I placed on myself. 
3. Limit cash games to 10% of BR (online).- I met this goal.
4. Save $100 for vacation.- Fail.  Too many expenses combined with time off prevented me from reaching this goal.

Due to my surgery last month, some of my goals had to be put on hold.

I've been picking up the volume of late.  I played two sessions shortly after my surgery and on pain killers.  I played pretty well and built some nice stacks.  Unfortunately, the pain killers started making me drowsy.  An hour or two into my sessions all I wanted to do was close my eyes.  I made some really big plays and busted out to book a losing session.  I decided at that time to wean myself of the percocets and take some time off of poker until I was mentally able to play a minimum 4 hour session.

When I returned to the virtual felt, I made a very nice run to put my month back in the black.  I've been dominating the smaller stakes games and am looking forward to playing $10+ games.

On February 2, I finished 2nd in the $6 rebuy for $260.37.   Three days later, I finished second in the same event.  This time I collected $306.18.  With my bankroll near $700, I am now ready to play some bigger games.





No comments:

Post a Comment