Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Me and My Daily Routine

The thought of creating and updating a blog is easy and fun. The actual act is something completely different.

For those of you who don't know, I am happily married and the proud parent of 5 1/2 year old triplets. As if that is not enough, my wife, Erin, and I gained legal guardianship of our 1 year old nephew last Summer. We also have 3 four legged friends and a few fish that we really don't take care of.

My day usually starts in the late morning. I am a broker, or financial advisor, with Wells Fargo Advisors. I usually get home around 5 or 6pm to an exhausted wife and rambunctious kids. I try my best to help out with home work and dinner when I get home. But most times it isn't enough for Erin to unwind. In between the bickering and screaming (both joyful and or anger) we try to get them settled down and ready for bed. On the good nights, we get 2 of the triplets asleep by 9pm. On the not so good nights, all three will be up well after 10:30. It is not until all kids are asleep that I can start up on poker. But first I eat, if I haven't already, and spend some time with my wife. Most of the time, I don't spend enough time with her.

So poker for me usually starts around 11 -11:30 pm, 4 -6 nights a week. I always register for Full Tilt's Midnight Madness. It is my favorite for a couple of different reasons. It is perfect for my bankroll ($11). It's prize pool ($20k+) is big enough to really get the juices flowing. It's the only tournament within the above parameters that starts late enough for me to enter but not so late that I will be up until 8am if I go super deep. Finally, I really love this tournament because I won it about 2 years ago while I played under Chewbacca Nuts.

My session usually end between 4 and 5 am, unless I am deep in an MTT. These late night's usually mean I only get around 4 hours of sleep a night. I have been on this schedule for about 2 years now, only now my sessions are a little longer than they were a year or two ago and they are more often. Each and every day, I feel tired and I know I look terrible. I have only played about 30 minutes since last Sunday and I definitely feel much better. I've had 3 straight nights of great sleep, yet I still dozed off this afternoon. I bet I probably would not be fully caught up on sleep for another 2 days. Good thing I dont plan to play again until after Super Bowl Sunday.

Next post, I'll probably talk about the type of player I am today and what I still struggle with.

No comments:

Post a Comment