Tuesday, January 4, 2011

What is a River Rat?

In Texas Holdem, I have termed any player who sucks out on the river a "River Rat." If you have ever played Texas Holdem, you know how painful it is to lose a huge pot with 1 card to come.

Anyway, I have been wanting to create a poker blog for a while now. I think that if I maintain an active blog, it will help my game. I think a key to improving at poker is to be thinking about the game and analyzing hands after my session is over. Not only do I need to improve the analytical aspect of my game, but more importantly I need to improve the mental aspect of my game.

I plan to dive into this topic in a day or two. But for now, I wanted to get this blog up and submit my first post. Hopefully, I can keep this thing going until I become a legitimate beast or die trying.

No comments:

Post a Comment